Trees, Trains & Traditions
Date: November 25, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Knife River Depot
Begin a family tradition with this new excursion from the North Shore Scenic Railroad. Travel up the North Shore to the small village of Knife River, where fresh-cut North Shore Christmas Tees await from our friends at Northern Connections. Pick your favorite, have it bailed and loaded onto the train for you while you enjoy live music and the holiday atmosphere at the newly restored Knife River Depot.
When you return to the Duluth Depot, drive your car right up to the side of the train and have our handy helpers load your tree onto your roof for you to take home. Trees and wreaths can be purchased along with your tickets or in person when you arrive at Knife River.
Schedule for the Train:
- 9:00 am – Depart Duluth Depot
- 10:30 am – Arrive Knife River
- Deboard the train and pick out a tree, wreath, or just enjoy the holiday cheer at this charming location along the rail line.
- Trees are bailed and loaded onto a flatcar on the train, while you board the warm coaches.
- Around 11:30 am, the train departs Knife River to head back to Duluth
- 1 pm – return to Duluth Depot. Use your “luggage tag” style ticket to claim the tree that you had picked out in Knife River. Optionally, come into the Lake Superior Railroad Museum to look around and enjoy the holiday decorations in the museum.
Tickets in coach seating: $40 for adults and $30 for kids. Ride in the Domecar for $20 more. Trees are sold separately with your tickets. You can upgrade and/or purchase additional trees or wreaths after arriving.
Categories: No Categories